First a quick recap of what I've done during my hiatus.
Added a new brew kettle:
So far this year I've managed to brew eight beers.
- Twelve Pound Red 1.0 - A hoppy red ale using Centennial and Cascade hops. Pretty good beer with a nice balance between the hops and the malt.
- Collison Stout - My second attempt at a dry stout. This time I tried to use nottingham yeast and it ended up under attenuated and a little on the sweet side. Pretty decent overall, but not what I was trying for.
- Twelve Pound Red 2.0 - Went with Simcoe and Amarillo this time. Also nice.
- Saison - Bunch of Pilsner, touch of wheat, a mix of Kent Golding, Saaz, and Styrian Golding, and some 3711 French Saison yeast. Nice.
- Peter's Pale Ale - alot like the first Robot Pale Ale, brewed to celebrate my son's first birthday. It was well received. (I should take better tasting notes)
- Festivus Ale - I'll do a separate post on this with tasting notes later in the year...
- Citra Xtra Pale Ale - A really delicious hoppy pale ale.
- Amarillo IPA - Separate post coming soon...