Sunday, September 12, 2010

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

I'm going to try and get this blog going again.

First a quick recap of what I've done during my hiatus.

Added a new brew kettle:



So far this year I've managed to brew eight beers.
  • Twelve Pound Red 1.0 - A hoppy red ale using Centennial and Cascade hops. Pretty good beer with a nice balance between the hops and the malt.


  • Collison Stout - My second attempt at a dry stout. This time I tried to use nottingham yeast and it ended up under attenuated and a little on the sweet side. Pretty decent overall, but not what I was trying for.
  • Twelve Pound Red 2.0 - Went with Simcoe and Amarillo this time. Also nice.
  • Saison - Bunch of Pilsner, touch of wheat, a mix of Kent Golding, Saaz, and Styrian Golding, and some 3711 French Saison yeast. Nice.
  • Peter's Pale Ale - alot like the first Robot Pale Ale, brewed to celebrate my son's first birthday. It was well received. (I should take better tasting notes)
  • Festivus Ale - I'll do a separate post on this with tasting notes later in the year...
  • Citra Xtra Pale Ale - A really delicious hoppy pale ale.

  • Amarillo IPA -  Separate post coming soon...

    1 comment:

    1. Nice pic of the kettle.

      All those beers sound interesting. I look forward to seeing the recipes and notes.

      I like to use beertools.com to document my recipes and brewing notes. Besides being convenient, it is fun to see how many views you get for a recipe.

      For example, my "Simcoe, Bloody Simcoe" recipe posted in March 2010 has the fourth highest number of views for all American IPA style recipes.

      ReplyDelete