Sunday, September 12, 2010

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

I'm going to try and get this blog going again.

First a quick recap of what I've done during my hiatus.

Added a new brew kettle:



So far this year I've managed to brew eight beers.
  • Twelve Pound Red 1.0 - A hoppy red ale using Centennial and Cascade hops. Pretty good beer with a nice balance between the hops and the malt.


  • Collison Stout - My second attempt at a dry stout. This time I tried to use nottingham yeast and it ended up under attenuated and a little on the sweet side. Pretty decent overall, but not what I was trying for.
  • Twelve Pound Red 2.0 - Went with Simcoe and Amarillo this time. Also nice.
  • Saison - Bunch of Pilsner, touch of wheat, a mix of Kent Golding, Saaz, and Styrian Golding, and some 3711 French Saison yeast. Nice.
  • Peter's Pale Ale - alot like the first Robot Pale Ale, brewed to celebrate my son's first birthday. It was well received. (I should take better tasting notes)
  • Festivus Ale - I'll do a separate post on this with tasting notes later in the year...
  • Citra Xtra Pale Ale - A really delicious hoppy pale ale.

  • Amarillo IPA -  Separate post coming soon...

    2 comments:

    1. Nice pic of the kettle.

      All those beers sound interesting. I look forward to seeing the recipes and notes.

      I like to use beertools.com to document my recipes and brewing notes. Besides being convenient, it is fun to see how many views you get for a recipe.

      For example, my "Simcoe, Bloody Simcoe" recipe posted in March 2010 has the fourth highest number of views for all American IPA style recipes.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hello ...
      My name is Ricardo, aui I live in Brazil and I really enjoyed of your posts, I'm adding your blog to my reading list ..
      Pass on my blog and leave a comment, craft beer is growing in Brazil for a look of my blog .... link below ...
      Ein Prosit !!!

      http://grandecervejeiro.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete